UPDATE 2.2.17: Patrick Walsh, a business partner in the Bittersweet-/pôr/ project, gave GG further details on the joint concept:
- Both Bittersweet and /pôr/ will occupy the main level of the Gunbarrel Center building opposite Proto’s. One large bar will run most of the width of the space. A wall on rollers will allow staff to close off café side or wine bar side depending on time of day.
- /pôr/ will open at 4pm.
- Bittersweet will be open 6am-4pm.
- Menus will mirror Louisville locations exactly to start. Cheese, charcuterie, and small bites will be on offer at /pôr/, while Bittersweet will feature in-house pastries and desserts and coffee roasted at Louisville location. Breakfast will include $4 breakfast burritos alongside the $8.50 Fat Nina (a meat-stuffed cinnamon roll). Lunch is all about sandwiches, panini, and salads (ranging from $7-9).
- Online ordering for catering or individual orders will be available.
- Summer concert series planned; details forthcoming.
- Large patio space on the south side of the building will be a priority, plus an eastside patio to be developed later.
- Total seating will run about 60-70.
- Opening slated for early to late spring.
Louisville-based Bittersweet Cafe and /pôr/ wine house will be opening soon in The Gunbarrel Center, across from recently launched Proto’s Pizza.
Representatives for the Gunbarrel Center recently sent The Gunbarrel Gazette this information:
“Gunbarrel Center, a new apartment community, is excited to welcome Bittersweet Cafe and /pȏr/ wine house to its new, pedestrian-friendly Main Street. The dual-concept gathering spot will be both a coffee shop and wine bar, serving breakfast, lunch, and small plates for dinner, plus fresh pastries and desserts. Learn more about the Louisville locations of Bittersweet and Por at bittersweetcafes.com and porwinehouse.com.”
Stay tuned to GG for information from business owners, including details on an opening date.