With warm weather already here, many Boulderites are looking for activities to fill their weekends and (for the lucky ones) school break. Here’s what you can look for in #Gunbarrel this spring/summer:
- The launch of Bittersweet and /pôr/. Located across from Proto’s in the Gunbarrel Center, this new-to-the-community coffee and wine shop will offer a relaxing refuge any time of day. Expect top-notch local brew (from a Louisville roaster) in the morning—accompanied by pastries—while sliding partitions will set the stage later in the day for wine and small bites. Read more about the concept here.
- The first pours of Gunbarrel Brewing. Our neighborhood is becoming quite the hub for breweries (Finkel & Garf, New Planet, Vindication, Asher, Avery, etc.), and we’re welcoming another eponymous taphouse to our midst: Gunbarrel Brewing. We’ve reported on their progress already, so dig into the details and be sure to keep an eye on GG for opening info.
- Speaking of brewing, we just shared news of a new lease off of Spine Road near Celestial Seasonings for Beyond the Mountain Brewery. Not much news yet, but you can follow updates here, or catch them on Facebook or Instagram. Let’s hope they’re pouring soon!
- Gunbarrel Commons’ Food Truck Party is kicking off! The third Wednesdays between May and October 2017 will see trucks like Comida, French Twist, Sweet Cow, and others congregate for good eats and community fun. Get all the details on their Facebook page
- Race season. Gunbarrelites know well how busy the summer months get with cyclists and runners. For the casual cyclists, make a note of June 28—Bike to Work Day—or dig into longer rides with local sponsors, like the Celestial Seasonings B Strong Ride (August), or area-wide fun runs like the Bolder Boulder (May 29). If you’re not quite ready to get in the fray, then map out your own route, using the helpful 303 biking guide.
There’s plenty more to enjoy—including outdoor grill sessions, picnics, family day trips, and more! If you have an event you’d like to share, just Tweet us @gunbarrelnews, or send us a note on our homepage and we’ll promote it. Happy summer!